Position TitleAdjunct Faculty, Network & Server Admin
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNon-Tenure Track
Reports to (title)Associate Dean
Job CategoryAdjunct - Variable
Initial Work LocationTaylorsville Redwood Campus
Starting SalaryCommensurate with experience
Job Open Date11/01/2017
Open Until FilledYes
The instructor will teach and facilitate student learning in all aspects of desktop support, server administration and routing and switching in a competency-based environment preparing students for industry certifications and employment.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provide industry standard instruction and manage students from diverse populations in an open-entry/open-exit competency-based environment.
2. Accommodate various learning styles, especially hands-on training not limited to the classroom.
3. Advise students of the program requirements and their progress through the courses. Assess student’s abilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback. Assess and report student progress.
4. Provide an industry viewpoint to the training program so that students will be prepared to enter the work force.
5. Work with faculty in the department for continuous improvement to the curriculum and instructional delivery.
6. Support College and School of Applied Technology policies and guidelines.
7. Complete all classroom management reports and processes in a timely manner.
8. Participates in faculty development activities within the department and the college.
11. Provides feedback in curricular and equipment decisions and completes assignments associated with program development activities.
12. Demonstrates and supports professional commitment to division, school, and college mission and values.
13. Be proficient in the academic application/use of electronic media and online course management systems, specifically Canvas.
14. Communicates issues and/or concerns with the Department Coordinator and/or Associate Dean.
15. Keeps all required training up to date.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Current Microsoft Server, Cisco, and related certifications preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
AAS, AS Degree or higher and one-year recent teaching or work experience in related field: or
Industry certifications in the Microsoft Server and/or Cisco Systems: or
Two years’ experience training students in topics covered in the programs including Windows server management and administration, and Cisco router and switch configuration and management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Experience as an instructor in Microsoft Server/Cisco technologies and other related program areas.
2. Experience teaching in competency-based open-entry/open-exit individualized adult programs.
3. Experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Attention to details, excellent documentation, and maintenance of individualized records of student performance.
5. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
6. Ability to work without close supervision in a team with diverse membership.
7. Ability to work within a prescribed curriculum and departmental procedures while maintaining patience, creativity, and cooperative attitude.
8. Proficient in server technologies and routing and switching systems.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities and special needs.
This posting is ongoing recruitment posting where the department will review applications when positions become available.
As directed by SLCC policy, adjunct positions are a semester by semester contract with no guarantee of continued employment.
Please attach additional documents (Resume, certifications, copies of credentials or transcripts, etc.) for consideration