Solenis is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company has 41 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of approximately 5,200 professionals in 120 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com |Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 5,200 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
Principal Investigator for the Solenis Polyacrylamide (PAM) platform. Responsible for the development of new PAM technologies and support of existing products for industrial water treatment.
Develop innovative PAM and adjacent technologies for applications in industrial water treatment (solids liquid separation; oil and gas). Conduct and supervise laboratory activities for polymer formulation / synthesis, characterization, and application performance tests. Supervise and direct activities of support technicians. Train on new processes and chemistries, with an emphasis on EHS compliance. Provide informal and documented coaching and performance feedback. Review available literature to stay current with technology. Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and recognized subject matter experts in support of projects. Formulate customer needs from problem definition through ideation into commercial solutions. Establish objectives and technical approach for short term development or strategic stage – gate project initiatives. Manage activities towards successful project completion. Provide project updates to stakeholders via written reports and presentations. Strong commitment to Solenis safety culture. Conduct all activities in compliance with corporate EHS requirements. Complete all required safety training and activities.
- Advanced degree in Polymer Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering. PhD preferred, but MS acceptable for strongly qualified candidates.
- Academic training in one or more of the following areas: polymer science or chemistry; emulsion polymers; colloid and surface science; rheology.
- Industrial experience with a documented track record of innovation and product commercialization.
- Extensive background in one or more of the following areas: emulsion or dispersion formulation; emulsion polymerization; polymer characterization; rheology; developing and conducting effective application or screening tests for customer needs.
- Ability to adapt to changes in business needs and prioritize accordingly.
- Experimentalist with a passion for laboratory work.
- Good working working of intellectual property: patent strategy, applications and prosecution.
- Experimental design and statistical analysis.