Job TitleAdjunct Spanish Instructor
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
• Develop and deliver instructional lectures for Spanish courses up to 10 hours/week
• Organize and teach all levels of Spanish classes
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning;
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning (interactive television, online) and accelerated courses;
• Assess Student Learning Outcomes every semester;
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees if desired
Essential Duties Summary
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
• Master’s in the language taught
• Bachelor’s in the language taught
AND Master’s in Linguistics
• The equivalent
Range/StepRange/Step: Step 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary RangeSalary/Range: $47.07 - $78.42/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
A complete application includes the following: Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover Letter/Letter of Interest.
To apply for an Equivalency, please download a Equivalency Determination Application, Equivalency Statement, and Procedure from YCCD’s website: www.yccd.edu/forms