Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This appointment is viewed as a training or transitional period preparatory to an academic, industrial, governmental, or other full-time research or teaching career. Used when the appointee performs specific services on a grant or contract in exchange for compensation. In particular, this postdoc will work on multiple research projects, including genetic models for renal cell carcinoma (RCC) both the clear cell form (ccRCC) and the papillary form (pRCC), using patient-derived cancer models to study oncogenesis and treatment. This position will also be involved in HTAN (Human Tumor Atlas Network), as well as signaling pathways (especially Met) in human diseases and cancer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Prepares and submits papers on research.
- Assists in the design of research experiments.
- Evaluates research findings and assists in the reporting of the results.
- Maintains conscientious discharge of their research responsibilities.
- Maintains conformity with ethical standards in research.
- Maintains compliance with good laboratory practice, including the maintenance of adequate research records.
- Engages in open and timely discussion with their mentor regarding possession or distribution of material, reagents, or records belonging to their laboratory and any proposed disclosure of findings or techniques privately or in publications.
- Maintains collegial conduct towards co-trainees, staff members and members of the research group.
- Adheres to all applicable University policies, procedures and regulations. All data, research records and materials and other intellectual property generated in University laboratories remain the property of the University.
Ph.D., M.D. or an equivalent terminal or doctoral degree.
Demonstrated ability to implement laboratory procedures, conduct research, record results, analyze data, give research seminars, and prepare for grants.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/.
Applicant Special Instructions
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Dr. Feng Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is potential exposure to blood and chemical hazards in these settings, but proper protective equipment and training will be provided to assure safety of this individual and others.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.