Secretary II, Div of Accounting, Finance, & Legal Studies (Part Time)
Open Internally or Externally
If faculty, tenure track status
Reports to (title)
Associate Dean, Accounting, Finance, & Legal Studies
Div of Accounting, Finance, & Legal Studies (School of Business)-2D1
Part-Time Staff - Variable
Initial Work Location
Taylorsville Redwood Campus
$11.41 - $12.54
Job Open Date
Open Until Filled
1. To act as secretary for the division, working closely with staff, students and faculty.
2. Assist in performance of clerical functions which includes producing correspondence and reports. Use electronic mail, maintain electronic files, answer telephone and return messages.
3. Provide general office coverage, and assist other division admins and other School of Business departments and divisions as needed.
4. The Administrative Assistant will train, mentor, and assign tasks to the part-time secretary.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Perform clerical functions which will include creation, organization, and maintenance of electronic and paper documents.
2. Utilize software, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, and possibly desktop publishing, and design software.
3. Utilize office equipment to produce, compile and edit quality memorandum, correspondence, reports, etc.
Perform secretarial duties, such as creating agendas, scheduling meetings, preparing minutes, and arranging luncheons. Making travel arrangements, and preparing reports.
4. Process fiscal and budgetary documents which may include department requisitions, supply orders and track inventories.
5. Maintain an accurate record of class schedules each term, and assisting full and part-time instructors with their teaching schedules and obtaining teaching materials.
6. Track mandatory training compliance for adjunct and FT instructors.
7. Contribute to the production of public relations pamphlets and student recruitment materials as needed.
8. Maintain the physical appearance of the office and faculty workroom. Includes changing toner cartridges, loading paper, checking the supply of office supplies, etc.
9.Other duties as assigned.
Candidate may need to travel to other campus/program locations, as needed, by the Division.
1. Knowledge of Banner, Microsoft Outlook, and basic knowledge of budgeting & accounting.
2. Ability to use computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook).
3. Understanding of college policies and procedures.
4. Skill in the use of desktop publishing and design software.
5. Skill in the use of social media and digital marketing.
1. One year of post high school education/training.
2. At least one year part-time experience in a similar position.
3.Knowledge and skill with Word, Excel, Windows, email and voice messaging.
4. Ability to alphabetize, and file.
5. Legible handwriting. Good written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to work well with a team, have excellent customer service skills, and be able to relate well with people.
2. Must be able to perform clerical tasks effectively and efficiently, under stress.
3. Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Must be self-motivated, flexible, and quick to learn.
5. Ability to take direction, follow through, and complete projects in a timely manner.
6. Ability to understand the full function of the office, anticipate needs and be innovative in problem solving.
7. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, and ethnic background to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter. Your cover letter will be used to assess your written communication skills.
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.