Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) provides strategic leadership and direction to the University’s comprehensive effort to maximize and sustain enrollments. Serving as the chief enrollment officer, the VPEM engages with a broad range of university leaders and external organizations to create, implement and influence policies, initiatives and services that positively impact student enrollment, retention, engagement and satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include the development and implementation of leadership initiatives to 1) Strategically plan, attract and enroll qualified students to ensure optimum levels of enrollment across the University; and 2) help the University provide student access while maintaining a healthy financial profile through an appropriate balance between institutional financial aid and net tuition revenue. As a member of the senior cabinet, the Vice President plays an important role as participant and leader in the University’s overall promotional efforts, working closely with faculty, staff and leadership to enhance the university’s reputation in the region and nationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides strategic leadership and operational management for the Admissions Office, Graduate Admissions, International Initiatives and Financial Aid Office and engages in collaborative efforts directed by the divisions of academic affairs and student affairs.
- Works closely with the Director of Financial Aid, Aid consultants and the Finance Office/CFO to ensure aid optimization to drive net revenue per student with an understanding of Return on Investment (ROI)
- Supervises the Office of International Initiatives, working closely with its director on policies, and activities, that will increase the internationalization of the university, with a focus on international student enrollment growth. Will also be responsible for ultimate oversight of all agent and third-party relationships related to international enrollment.
- Leads the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of a comprehensive enrollment management strategic plan. Recommends strategic initiatives and actions, and policy considerations to the President and Senior Cabinet.
- Participates in and networks with the local and regional organizations and associations to facilitate recruitment initiatives and establish relationships that lead to enrollment partnerships.
- Supervises all aspects of the enrollment funnel and recruitment pipelines including development of the prospect and inquiry pools, conversion, application processing and review and yield activities.
- Works with the Director of Financial Aid to ensure proper aid direction and compliance with all federal and state regulations related to aid funding.
- Participates in a variety of recruitment and promotional events on and off campus as needed by the University.
- Leads all University marketing strategies related to enrollment with the support of the University’s Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Builds strategic partnerships with members of the University community and outside stake holders to structure and execute University-wide enrollment recruitment and retention efforts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s or Doctorate Degree preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience in recruitment and admissions at an institution of higher education, with significant executive/director level experience in these areas.
- Significant direct supervisor experience and administrative leadership of multifaceted operations involving numerous professional, students and support personnel.