Supervises 1199 employees within Facilities by establishing work schedules; assigning and evaluating work performed, approving time off and providing recommendations for hiring, promoting, developing and retaining employees; ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained; maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
• Develops, recommends and administers policies, procedures and processes in support of facilities maintenance operations; Participate in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives
• Manages the service request work order system by prioritizing and assigning tasks and ensuring timely completion; develops and provides metrics to management on work order system including quantity and quality of work performed; act as the primary contact of escalation from a Maintenance Operations level to ensure that all requests from are handled promptly and effectively;
• Works collaboratively with Facilities management to establish, maintain and update the College facilities standards as needed ; Monitors preventative maintenance processes and programs and facility inspection processes for ongoing review of maintenance work by agencies having jurisdiction; troubleshoots and responds to issues regarding the operational aspects of the facilities including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.;
• Assists to provide facilities and operational input on capital projects, new construction and/or remodel/improvement projects; Assists on departmental budgetary planning and management for budgetary control, cost projections, and feasibility for all related activities and projects;
• Monitors and oversees the work of external contractors to ensure terms of agreement are met and work is completed satisfactorily;
• Monitors, maintains and ensures adequate stock of supplies, parts, equipment, and fixtures that are necessary to complete work activities and projects necessary to provide a safe, environment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 - 6 years experience required
- A combination of comparable education and experience will also be considered
Skills and Competencies
- Planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and reviewing the work of others;
- Hiring, promoting, developing, counseling and motivating assigned staff;
- Maintaining records and preparing reports and correspondence including required regulatory reports and records;
- Effective oral communications;
- Evaluating and developing procedures, standards and methods for building maintenance and improvement;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work;
- Managing and implementing the division budget including maintenance service contract administration; Exercising sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
Scope of Responsibility
- Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained
- On-call for all operational emergencies
- Must attend job project meeting
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually
The Operations and Maintenance Night Supervisor coordinates assigned Facilities Operation and Maintenance activities by supervising 1199 staff by assigning and evaluating work performed ensuring that standards are maintained and goals are achieved; managing service request work order systems by prioritizing and assigning tasks and ensuring timely completion; managing building automation systems and inspecting facilities/equipment; selecting and monitoring the work of contractors; purchasing supplies and equipment and monitoring related expenses.