Job TitleDean of Student Success and Institutional Effectiveness
LocationWoodland Community College - Woodland, CA
Woodland Community College is located in the heart of Yolo County about 15 miles northwest of Sacramento. With a rural service area including campuses in Williams and Clearlake, the college is surrounded with rich agricultural farmland and is one the largest crop production areas in the state. The area is an excellent choice for quality of life with close proximity to the Sierra Nevada for outdoor recreation, a burgeoning farm to fork movement, and access to the metropolitan areas of Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Woodland Community College is seeking an equity-minded, dynamic, collaborative, and innovative leader to lead the college institutional effectiveness activities resulting in continuously improving levels of student success. Woodland Community College is considering applicants from across the nation who have a demonstrated track record of success for leading institutions through systematic change.
Under the direction of the college Vice President of Student Services, the Dean of Student Success and Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for providing leadership in the ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of Woodland Community College’s planning process and selected categorical student services programs.
Additional functions include; coordinating local Educational Master Planning, supporting college accreditation, program review support, supporting grant development and writing, and other institutional effectiveness assessments as part of the local and district management teams.
Essential Duties SummaryESSENTIAL DEMONSTRATED LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS:
Deep Commitment to Student Access and Success. Under the direction of the College Vice President Student Services, the Dean improves the quality of life and the economic well-being of our citizens and communities by planning for and assessing College programs and services resulting in a quality learning environment and fostering high levels of access and success for all students.
Willingness to Take Significant Risks to Advance Student Success. Under the direction of the College Vice President of Student Services, the Dean will connect the institutional strategies driving student access and success within Student Services and Instructional operations.
The Ability to Create Lasting Change within the College. Under the direction of the College Vice President of Student Services, the Dean will be committed to identifying disproportionate student outcomes on the basis of factors such as race, ethnicity, and gender, and then mobilize the College to improve results through established planning protocols.
Essential Duties Summary
Strategic Vision for the College and Its Students. Reflected in external partnerships under the direction of the College Vice President of Student Services, the Dean will plan to leverage the institution’s influence and resources to pave the way for ongoing student access and success. The Dean will demonstrate an understanding that institutional effectiveness extends beyond campus boundaries, forging partnerships with outside entities that include K-12 school districts, four-year colleges, community-based organizations and employers. Raise and Allocate Resources in Ways Aligned to Student Success. Under the direction of the College Vice President of Student Services, the Dean will support resource development activities to achieve significantly improved student outcomes leading to well-designed, sustainable, scalable institutional changes.
Required QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational
REQUIRED MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES:
administrators at California Community Colleges: (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
• Possession of a Master’s degree; AND
• One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ability, and ethnic backgrounds of Community College students.
• Facilitate all College planning activities aligned with the Mission, Vision, and Values in relationship to YCCD’s Strategic Goals
• Facilitate the organizational design of the College that includes internal and external stakeholders and the maintenance of the healthy organizational culture
• Develop and support the college Program Review and student outcome assessment by providing data and facilitating annual reporting cycles
• Provide guidance to and receive advice from faculty organizations on matters relating to the instructional programs; promote the inclusion of students in the shared decision- making process
• Call and preside over college meetings; represent the College on District, community, and regional committees
• Provide data analysis and after-action assessment of Instructional and Student Services activities
• Develop and maintain annual budgets for assigned areas of responsibility
• Perform other duties as assigned, which may include evening, weekend, and other collateral assignments
• Program Review and outcome evaluation techniques
• Planning and budgeting processes, including grant and categorical sources
• Effective oral and written communication skills, including persuasive communication, presentation skills, and public speaking
• Higher education operations and objectives
• Electronic and print research resources relative to educational research
• Research and strategic planning technology and methodologies; facilitation of group planning activities
• Design and complete research projects; including surveys, and focus groups using the best practice methods to ensure validity, integrity, and consistency of data results.
• Assist faculty with the design of student learning assessments and the interpretation and analysis of data and results.
• Effectively supervise and support categorical student service units as part of a leadership team.
• Develop, implement, and conduct projects and studies in support of institutional assessment, planning and decision-making.
• Establish and maintain effective educational and planning partnerships
• Conduct comprehensive research on a variety of topic areas related to education
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others, including the ability to manage a portfolio of projects and meet deadlines
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Prepare, present, and interpret factual data and provide conclusions in written, graphic and oral form
• Relate effectively to people of varied academic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds using tact, diplomacy and courtesy
Desired/Preferred QualificationsDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in academic planning and program development.
• Knowledge and experience with data management technology, including dashboards and databases.
• Experience in higher education
• Experience supporting a Hispanic/Minority Serving Institution (HSI/MSI)
• Communicate effectively in English and Spanish
• Three or more years of administrative experience in increasingly complex positions
• Demonstrated experience valuing and promoting diversity
• Doctoral degree from an accredited institution
• Knowledge of the ACCJC Accreditation regulations
• Knowledge of the California Education Code and Federal Education Regulations (Eg. TRiO, Title V, CA DREAM Act)
• Knowledge of California Community College initiatives. (Eg. AB 705, Pathways,)
• Experience in grant development, including writing grants, for funding at the state, federal, municipal, or foundation levels.
Physical DemandsWORKING CONDITIONS:
In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
• Office Environment
• Subject to constant interruptions
• Subject to evening or variable hours
• Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals
• Indoor and outdoor environments
• Travel at frequent intervals to conduct work
• Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching (occasionally for long periods of time)
• Cognitive decision making (lack of mental impairment)
• Stressful conditions (cardiovascular fitness)
• Lifting (overhead, waist level, from floor), carrying, and bending
• Lift objects weighting up to 35 pounds
Range/StepRange 37 Management Salary Schedule
Salary Range$98,273 - $114,068/YR (Step 1-5)
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependents, for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $24,273 annually with currently no out-of-pocket expenses to employees or dependents for medical premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) which is integrated with Social Security OR the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 22 vacation days, 3 Administrative days, 3 Nonduty days, 2 Floating Holidays, 12 sick days and 19 holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Review Start Date02/05/2021
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to ApplicantsAPPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE:
To apply, please visit: https://yccd.peopleadmin.com and complete an online Management Application (please provide description and details for each position held. See resume or left blank will automatically disqualify your application). Please include the following attachments: Resume, All Un-official Transcripts, Equal Employment Opportunity statement (attached in a Word document) and a Cover letter/letter of interest that addresses Management Competencies, specifically how your experience and professional qualifications have prepared you to serve in this capacity.
For questions about Yuba Community College District’s application process, please contact Mayra Dueñas at (530) 741-8765 or email@example.com.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
Candidates selected for an interview may be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
IF YOU REQUIRE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-8765 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.