Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is currently searching for a Postdoctoral Investigator to join the Physical Oceanography Department to conduct research on the Indian Ocean Monsoon. This is a regular, full-time exempt position, and is eligible for full benefits.
The initial appointments will be for 12 months with the potential to extend for two or more years.
The institution has a top-rated postdoctoral program ( www.whoi.edu/postdoctoral/ ) that supports a dynamic postdoctoral community with formal mentoring and career guidance programs. While the primary focus of the work will be in research, the Postdoctoral Investigator will have the opportunity to participate in educational and outreach activities associated with the project.
Online application forms should be submitted with a cover letter and complete curriculum vitae. Applications will be reviewed upon submission through February 22, 2021.
- Analysis of multi-variable data sets varying in space and time.
- Numerical ocean modeling.
- Research on ocean-atmosphere coupling with consideration of time and space scales.
- Presentation of results at meetings and participation in international collaborative science discussions.
- Contribution to annual reports and writing of manuscripts for publication.
Education & Experience
Physical tasks include mostly sedentary with occasional prolonged standing/walking; use of hands for basic grasping and manipulation, and repetitive motion. Other occupational requirements include communicating and working with others, reading, and writing. Physicalduties are subject to change.