COMMUNITY LEADERS COALITION HISTORY
The Community Leaders Coalition (CLC), is a multi-stakeholder cross-sectoral coalition of agencies and
advocates. As nonpartisan community leaders, we strive to be well-informed and actively engaged in
collective solutions that address community concerns, fears or needs resulting from local, state and federal
policy change. We envision a vibrant community that is inclusive and equitable - where trust, safety, health,
well-being, education and empowerment is fostered and is a shared responsibility for all members. More
information on our current efforts can be found at www.clcnapavalley.org.
The Community Leaders Coalition (CLC) Director will manage the overall operations of the CLC at the direction
of Steering Committee, serving as the primary back-bone staff person and logistics lead of the coalition. The
position includes coordinating communications, connections, and activities among member organizations and
the public at large, strengthening resources and support within the two existing chapters (Napa/American
Canyon and Upper Valley), and building other partnerships and relationships with community leaders, nonprofits, faith-based organizations, private sector businesses, local governments and the community at large, all
while serving as a champion of the strategies and advocacy initiatives as identified by the CLC and Steering
Committee. This position will utilize knowledge of equity issues, group process models for systems and social
change, facilitation best practices, and familiarity with local Napa County communities to lead efforts across
sectors with varied partners to accomplish the goals of the CLC.
Cope Family Center serves as local project fiscal sponsor, and the CLC Director will report to Cope’s Executive
Director as a representative of the Strategic Committee in-day-to-day operations; however, he/she/they will
be under the supervision of the Steering Committee, which provides strategic direction based on input from
the CLC membership.
This is a temporary .75 FTE 30-hours-per-week non-exempt, benefited position.
Direct CLC Operations and Coordination Among CLC Members
• Share timely information regarding meetings, topics, and minutes via CLC email
• Coordinate meeting logistics and communications as needed, sharing information and resources as
they become available with the CLC membership
● Be an active participant in appropriate meetings, including CLC, Committees and CLC Steering
● Implement strategies developed to proactively invite subject matter experts or existing committees or
● Continue to identify unmet and emerging needs through outreach efforts and development of
relationships with organizational members
● Support the communications within the coalition
● Manage of all Steering Committee projects, timelines, and deliverables, working with and through CLC
Chapters and their members-volunteers.
● Administration of the financial and other business functions of the CLC: sub-grants to CLC members,
participants and service providers, contracts with other consultants, MOUs with project partners, etc.
Lead Community Relations, Engagement and Communications
• Identify community engagement strategies in coordination with the Steering Committee and CLC
• Coordinate the strategies and systems that are developed by the CLC to help Napa County in receiving
accurate and timely information
● Collect and track communication information
● Work with the Steering Committee to conduct outreach and help build an understanding of what and
who CLC is with the business sector, local government and community leaders
● Identify training and resource needs and seek solutions to address these needs
● Strengthen relationships with other local community-based organizations.
Promote CLC Growth and Development in Napa County
• Engage with community partners to identify and raise awareness of ongoing needs throughout Napa
● Develop resources and tools for coalition to be successful and sustainable
● Manage internal and external communications functions and needs of the CLC
● Assist in the review and updating of the strategic plan annually.
Identify and Develop Resources
• Seek additional funding support as needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of CLC
● Identify State and National expertise to share knowledge and resources with partners and help outside
agencies understand the local landscape, culture and priorities of Napa County.
● Conduct research in support of the work of the CLC (innovations, evidence-based practices, sample
policies and legislation, funding opportunities, training resources, etc.).
● Assist with organizing local campaigns, speaking and advocacy on community issues
● Represent CLC at various forums as necessary.
• Collect and report data on activities.
● Manage and Update Member Directory
● Continually update Coalition calendar and contact lists
● Manage reporting requirements for all grants.
Other Tasks as Assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent years of experience in
community-based social services, grassroots organizing and/or advocacy efforts, effectively leading
people to achieve stated goals and mission or equivalent
• Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and managing community/multi-stakeholder
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
• Proven ability to cultivate effective partnership and working relationships with organizations, school
systems, other nonprofit organizations, parent groups, businesses and governmental entities
• Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to achieve stated outcomes
• Knowledge of equity issues on the national, state and local levels preferred
• Familiarity with trauma/resiliency-informed practices preferred
• Small business administration experience preferred
• Strong organizational skills required
• Knowledge of and experience in models of group process design and facilitation
• Demonstrated ability to effectively listen, sell, and negotiate
• Demonstrated research, writing, and communications skills and experience
• Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
• Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a plus, but not required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
• Must have own mode of transportation and possess a valid CA driver’s license
• Must pass DOJ and FBI fingerprinting and background check.
NOTICE: This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It
is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work
of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to
exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
Compensation: Director-level compensation, commensurate with experience; part-time, 30 hours per
week, hourly, non-exempt
Benefits: Partial Medical Insurance; Pro-rated paid Holidays; Immediate Vacation- and Sick time
Please apply via email to: Dorothee Stangle, Community Leaders Coalition | email@example.com|
Subject line: CLC Director.
IMPORTANT! We will only consider inquiries complete with CURRENT RESUME and COVER LETTER specifically
stating how you feel your qualifications match what we are looking for in our CLC Director. We look forward to
hearing from you!
Cope Family Center is an equal opportunity employer. Federal and State laws and the Agency's policy prohibit
employment discrimination against applicants for employment and employees on the basis of age, ancestry,
sex/gender (including gender identity,) pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, marital status,
registered domestic partner status, medical condition related to cancer or genetic characteristic, national origin,
physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation or veterans' status. Discrimination is also
prohibited on the basis of a perception that a person has any of the above characteristics