Job TitleAdjunct Ethnic Studies Instructor
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
• Develop and deliver instructional lectures for Ethnic Studies courses up to 10 hours/week
• Organize and teach all levels of Ethnic Studies classes
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning;
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning (interactive television, online) and accelerated courses;
• Assess Student Learning Outcomes every semester;
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees if desired
Essential Duties Summary
Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications stated below:
• Master’s in the ethnic studies field
• OR a Master’s in American
Studies/Ethnicity, Latino Studies, La
Raza Studies, Central American Studies, Latin American
• Studies, Cross Cultural Studies, Race and Ethnic Relations, Asian-American Studies, or African-American Studies
• OR the equivalent
• OR Interdisciplinary Studies
• Master’s in one of the disciplines include in the interdisciplinary area and upper division or graduate course work in at least one other constituent discipline
• Possess a California Community life credential in the subject matter area.
Preference may be given to candidates with life or teaching which would demonstrate the clear ability to teach Ethnic Studies to community college students.
Range/StepStep 1 - Step 7 (Based on degree and teaching experience)
Salary Range$50.71 - $84.47/Lecture Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Yuba Community College District is accepting qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time teaching assignments. These positions are filled based on the needs of the department and are on-going recruitments.
A complete application includes the following: Online Academic Application, resume, transcripts, EEO Statement, up to (3) current letters of recommendation and a cover letter/letter of interest.
EQUIVALENCY: If you do not meet the specific degree requirements for an instructor in the discipline required, you may request equivalency before the final filing date. There are three (3) forms that you will need to download from the HR web site under FORMS, it is titled: Equivalency Determination Application, Statement, and Procedure – the information requested is required of all candidates not holding the stated minimum qualifications who are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency