The Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) is a non-profit dedicated to building a strong and sustainable technology sector in a thriving community. We work to share technology expertise and represent the voice of the technology industry in public policy conversations. We also seek to partner with policymakers to enable a policy ecosystem that strengthens the technology sector and the communities it serves.
Partnering with the Vice President of Government Affairs, the Public Policy Intern will focus on policy research, writing, and data analysis to help WTIA drive policy outcomes that build a strong technology sector in a thriving community.
In this role, you will be exposed to a wide range of policy issues and government affairs strategies, while doing work that has significant local and regional implications. You’ll apply critical thinking, strong writing and analytical skills, organizational skills, and a bias towards action and results to deliver quality work.
This is a virtual opportunity, with collaboration supported by several technology platforms. The specific timeframe for this approximately 4-month internship (June to September) will be determined by the successful candidate and Vice President of Government Affairs. This role is paid on an hourly basis and is approximately 30 to 40 hours per week.
Here’s what we’re seeking in an ideal intern candidate:
- Current undergraduate or masters student or recent graduate in related field.
- Innate curiosity and drive to find information, answer questions, and provide meaningful insights.
- Polished oral and written communication skills; strong writing ability; speaks and writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Passion for public policy, technology, and economic development.
- Self-motivated, with a high level of initiative and ability to operate effectively with low to moderate day-to-day supervision.
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at WTIA. We are committed to a work environment in which relationships are characterized by dignity, courtesy, and respect. We are committed to nondiscrimination in all business operations.