The Accounting department is looking for top talent to join our team! The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for all functions pertaining to the receipt of mail and the initial processing of deposits received at Kansas State University Foundation. Do you possess excellent customer service skills and enjoy interacting with others? This position interacts with a variety of internal and external partners in person and over the phone. Utilize your 10 key skills for data entry! Attention to detail is a must.
As a Certified Great Place to Work, organizational culture and employee engagement is important to us. We strive to harness your talents and build upon your strengths. We offer resources for professional growth so team members can find their purpose, a path to grow, ways to add value and thrive. Work alongside passionate, caring and talented people who trust and challenge one another in our intentional pursuit to be the best.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the mission of the organization as it relates to the educational, research and service goals of the University, with the ability to communicate the institution’s needs and priorities.
- Establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with colleagues, University partners, and donors.
- Promote and demonstrate respect, collaboration, and friendly customer service in all working relationships.
- Batch and image all contribution checks received. Enter contribution deposits into the financial reporting database.
- Receive departmental checks to be deposited through the mail or in person, and batch into proper subledgers, including real estate, loans, investments, scholarships, internal operations, and department deposits.
- Image and link departmental deposits into the document imaging system.
- Download images from lockbox and enter deposit tickets into the financial reporting database.
- Print reports of online credit card transactions, enter deposit tickets and give to Gift Processing to cash report.
- Process incoming credit cards.
- Date stamp all incoming mail for date received.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail according to general mail, correspondence and checks to prepare for processing or distribution. Distribute correspondence as needed.
- Enter journal entries for the Accounting Department. Post journal entries and cash receipts. Maintain journal entry and cash receipt files in file room. Image journal entries.
- Provide clerical support to the accounting staff, to include cross training with other accounting staff, photocopying, filing, and other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of two years business office work experience
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as photocopiers, personal computers and 10-key experience
- Confidentiality extremely important
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exercise tact and discretion when working with a variety of individuals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with interruptions
- Adapt work pace to the workload and function under pressure
Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
The Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for all employees to succeed by creating an environment that is inclusive and draws upon the strength of the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences of our team.
Employees cultivate a supportive, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable work environment that allows everyone to feel connected to the organization’s mission and contribute to their full potential.