Job TitleDirector of Special Programs - CTE
LocationWoodland Community College - Woodland, CA
Under the direction of the Dean of CTE and Workforce Development, the Director of Special Programs is responsible for providing leadership in the ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of special programs at the Woodland Community College Campus. These functions include general program management, coordinating the inclusion of special programs into the college’s annual College Action Plans, submitting program reviews, ensuring program inclusion in the College Student Equity Plan, grant proposal support, and grant compliance. The Director of Special Programs will also be community focused and speak on behalf of the college through attending local meetings, community events and maintaining relationships with appropriate educational representatives, industry partners and agencies. The director will support dual enrollment by providing facilitation and coordination to ensure access and opportunity through dual enrollment offerings and increasing enrollment in the dual enrollment program and other special programs including the SEED Grant. All grant activities will require the director to update and maintain a defined action plan, track funds spent, and submit periodic reports to the grantor.
The Director of Special Programs provides support for the leadership of the educational programs of the College; exercise discretion and independent judgment with little supervision. Confidentiality, tact, courtesy and political acumen are imperative for the position in handling College matters and the consequences of College decisions affecting both internal and external constituents.
Essential Duties Summary
Reporting to the Dean of CTE and Workforce Development, the Special Programs Director is expected to work in collaboration with community partners, high school administrators and staff, counselors and students, the Office of Admissions and Records, district fiscal services, grant monitors and the College’s program faculty to grow special programs, ensure quality and compliance, and increase program enrollment.
EXAMPLE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Administer special programs
• Recruitment and outreach
• Facilitate development of special pathway plans
• Implement a timeline for processes related to matriculation, enrollment, retention and reporting including college applications, registration and high school enrollment due dates
• Maintain tracking spreadsheets dual enrollment section information by semester
• Facilitate high school instructor mentorship program
• Ensure students have knowledge of the online CANVAS system and how to navigate the college website
• Develop appropriate strategies for increasing dual enrollment through research of promising practices and networking
• With the student services team, develop and implement yearly information sessions and actively participate in school system college opportunities events to promote dual enrollment
• Create and maintain website, marketing materials, and social media related to special programs to educate the public and increase enrollment
• Maintain a database of all special programs students to generate reports on enrollment, retention, grades and pathway completion
• Implement and evaluate special programs work plans, submit grant expenses to fiscal services, track funds spent, and submit periodic reports to the grantor
• Be community focused and speak on behalf of the college through attending local meetings, community events and maintaining relationships with appropriate educational, _industry partners and agencies
• Expand industry partnerships for internship, work experience and apprenticeship opportunities as it relates to special projects
• Coordinate inclusion of the special programs in college plans such as the College Student Equity Plan and Educational Master Plan
• Perform program review(s) for special programs
• Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for Educational Administrators at California Community Colleges: (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications must be from accredited institutions.)
a) Possession of a Master’s degree; AND
b) One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
• Management and leadership experience in education
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to diverse populations
• Knowledge of information systems
• Knowledge of relationship building techniques
Ability to meet deadlines and problem solve Knowledge of enrollment and retention as related to the community college mission
Knowledge of computer systems and software commonly used (internet browser, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
• Ability to create spreadsheets and analyze data
Knowledge of regulations and laws related to retention and release of confidential data.
• Position requires travel within the district, conferences and occasional weekend and evening hours.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of Community College students
Bilingual, Spanish and English competence
Prior experience working with high school and college students Program management and budget management experience
Experience building strong relationships in the community
• Knowledge of federal and state financial aid programs
• Knowledge of enrollment and retention practices
• Previous experience in a community college or other educational systems
Social media and marketing experience
• Office environment
• Subject to constant interruptions
• Subject to evening or variable hours
• Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals
• Indoor and outdoor environments
• Travel at frequent intervals to conduct work
• Standing, Sitting, Walking, Reaching (occasionally for long periods of time)
• Cognitive decision making (lack of mental impairment)
Range/StepManagement Range 26
Salary Range$76,140 - $102,236/YR
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent(s), for positions whose FTE is .60 or higher, valued at over $20,583 annually for employees + dependents. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 12 sick days, 22 vacation days, 223 day/12 month contract.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Due to the current pandemic, interviews may be held virtually. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance; all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
WORK DAY, WORK WEEK, and WORK YEAR: The District has the right to establish work day, work week, work year; hours of positions within the District may vary.
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Review Start Date05/19/2021
Open Until FilledYes