Job TitleRadiologic Technology Clinical Coordinator-South Region
LocationYuba College - Marysville, CA.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Dean and the Allied Health Director working with the program faculty, the person selected for this position will be assigned teaching duties, administrative duties, supervising students at the affiliate clinical sites throughout the area served by the program, coordinating this functions with staff at the clinical affiliate sites and with program staff. Evenings and weekend summer duties will be included.
Essential Duties Summary
• Correlates and coordinating clinical education with didactic education and evaluating its effectiveness
• Participates in didactic and/or clinical instruction.
• Supports the program director to help assure effective program operation.
• Participates in the accreditation and assessment process.
• Cooperates with the program director in periodic review and revision of clinical course materials.
• Maintains current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development.
• Maintains current knowledge of program policies, procedures, and student progress.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of program course material, student records, and clinical site recruitment.
• Actively participates in student recruiting and other activities that bring positive attention and interest to the Radiologic Technology program and Yuba College.
• Is available to address any issue that may arise while students are in the clinical facility (student are in the facility 7 days a week between the hours of 5 am and 12 am).
• Attends and participates in program, institutional, and advisory board meetings.
• Trains Clinical Instructors
• Provide student counseling regarding remediation of unsatisfactory coursework.
• Evaluates students and submits all evaluation and documentation of student performance in accordance with program, college, and accrediting agencies.
• Sites are within a 250-mile radius of the college.
• Clinical sites:
· University of California Medical Center – Sacramento
· Mercy San Juan – Carmichael
· Woodland Hospital
· Mercy Folsom
· Mercy Methodist – Sacramento
· Mercy General – Sacramento
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Radiological Technology as governed by JRCRET and RHB:
• Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience;
• OR any associate degree and six years of professional experience;
• OR the minimum qualifications as set by JCRET and RHB, whichever is higher
*JCERT and RHB, the two agencies that oversee the accreditation of the Radiological Technology program, require significantly higher educational criteria than the state’s published minimum qualifications. All full-time faculty positions, especially program directors and clinical coordinators, require a degree higher than an Associate Degree, as well as clinical and teaching experience.
An “acting” program official is defined as an individual who lacks one (1) or more of the required qualifications delineated in the relevant accreditation standards but who will have attained these qualifications within twelve (12) months, with the exception of individuals lacking the degree requirement. The JRCERT may recognize such an individual in an acting capacity not to exceed twenty-four (24) months. Prior to the conclusion of an acting appointment of program director, clinical coordinator or educational coordinator, the program must submit a progress report detailing the activities and experiences of the individual in achieving compliance with the qualifications of the relevant accreditation standards.
• Any master’s degree in the designated radiography area;
• Supervision and administrative duties
• Experiences with life, student or teaching radiography to community college students
Salary Range$50.71 - $79.54/Lecture Rate Per Hour and $43.10-$68.92/Lab Rate Per Hour
As an equal opportunity employer with a diverse staff and student population, the Yuba Community College District is committed to creating an inclusive and effective learning and working environment for all.
Internal vs. ExternalExternal
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: To apply, please visit: https://yccd.peopleadmin.com and complete an online academic application. Please provide description and details for each position held. See resume or left blank will automatically disqualify your application. Required documents include the following: Resume, Un-Official Transcripts, Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (attached in a Word document), C/V or Letter of Interest, and 3 Letters of Recommendation. For questions about Yuba Community College District’s application process, please contact Taranjit Chahal at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: AS SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, AN APPLICATION MAY, BUT NEED NOT, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (a) one current evaluation from a peer or supervisor, (b) one abstract of a publication, and/or © portfolio. NO OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SHOULD BE INCLUDED.