Zacks Investment Management- Analyst. Chicago, IL
Zacks Investment Management, an investment management firm with over $10.5 billion dollars in assets under management and advisement, is a leading expert on earnings and using earnings estimates in the investment process. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of our parent company, Zacks Investment Research, Inc., one of the largest providers of independent research in the U.S.
We are looking for an individual to join our portfolio management team in Chicago. The analyst will assist in conducting research on existing equity investment strategies and contribute to the development of new strategies. The research will be conducted both independently and collaboratively.
The role entails consulting, advising, and assisting the portfolio managers with alpha factor research, portfolio construction, and trading analysis.
• Recent graduate in a quantitative field or other relevant discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar field).
• Extensive interest in quantitatively driven equity strategies, alpha generation, and the equity markets in general.
• Very strong foundation in statistics and passion for data analysis.
• Experience (through projects for instance) in working with large datasets.
• Very well versed in quantitative analysis using statistical software packages and some experience programming in Python and/or R.
• Attention to detail – takes ownership of projects, strong focus on quality, correctness, and intuitiveness of output.
• Strong oral and written communication skills - able to effectively communicate complex information in a straightforward manner.
• PhD in relevant quantitative field is a plus