Community Building Institute: President/CEO Job Description
The Executive Director of the Community Building Institute (CBI) will be an inspiring leader that builds upon the organization’s foundation. They will leverage their experience with the Community Building Workshop, Racial Equity efforts, and other leadership roles to create a culture and environment that fosters authenticity, openness, honesty, creativity, growth, and impact.
Leadership & Management:
- Create a strategic plan for CBI and manage the organization to the plan.
- Identify goals and strategies to ensure success
- Execute the mission and work of CBI.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and ensure its long-term success.
- Hire, manage, and retain a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing growth and personal development.
- Use practical abilities to get things done.
- Operate with wisdom and good judgement.
- Measure the effectiveness of CBI programs.
Finances & Communications:
- Oversee the finances, including supervising the budget and securing sustainable income streams.
- Create a budget that supports the execution of the strategic plan.
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and future plans.
- Ensure that funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Cultivate and solicit prospective donors.
- Lead fundraising activities.
- Pursue grants as a primary funding source.
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Coordinate and lead annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates to Treasurer and Board of Directors.
- Create and execute a Communication and Marketing plan.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Be a voting CBI BOD member.
- Oversee and report on the organization’s results for board of directors.
- Set the agenda and distribute to BOD members.
Planning & New Business:
- Build relationships with a diverse set of community leaders and their representatives.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
CBI follows all COVID-19 protocols from the CDC and the State of Tennessee.
- What experience do you have with Dialogue, DEI, and Facilitation?
- Nonprofit management: 2 years (Preferred)