The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) invites applications for the position of Maintenance Assistant. This position performs semiskilled and unskilled manual tasks related to the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds, equipment, and appliances. Work assignments may be in any of the building trades.
SALARY RANGE: $4,110.22 - $4,989.66/mo; $49,322.64 - $59,875.92/yr (based on a full-time, 12-month position)
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school or its equivalent AND one year of full-time, paid experience involving the maintenance and/or repair of buildings, equipment, appliances, or grounds using hand or small power tools.
Experience with the Los Angeles Community College District as a Custodian, Gardener or Groundskeeper will be considered qualifying provided that experience with hand or small power tools can be documented.
A valid Class “C” California driver's license may be required for some positions.
Travel to locations throughout the District may be required for some positions.
Appointment to a position responsible for pool maintenance requires a valid Swimming Pool Service Technician certificate issued by Los Angeles County Department of Public Health that must be obtained within six months of employment.
Some positions may involve working with asbestos and/or lead and will require an incumbent to participate in an asbestos and/or lead medical screening examination in compliance with the California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Sections 1529 and 1532.1.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
A vacancy currently exists at Los Angeles Valley College, 5800 Fulton Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91401. The hiring list established by this examination will be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
- Medical and dental insurance and vision care plans are provided for employees and their dependents.
- A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided free of charge for each employee.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
- At least 15 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation days accrue annually beginning at 10 days and increasing incrementally to 24 days depending on years of service with the District. Vacation days for management and confidential positions begin at 15, 20, or 24 days.
- Other paid time off includes: bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, court subpoena, and jury duty.
- Employees become members of the Public Employees Retirement System. The employee contribution rate is 6 percent. The District also contributes to the retirement system. Employees are also covered by Social Security.
- Employee Assistance Program
The examination process may consist of one or more parts which may include a training and experience evaluation, written test, performance test, and/or oral interview.
Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request, orally or in writing, an accommodation in the examination process. Documentation of the need for accommodation is required solely for the purpose of establishing that the applicant has an ADA disability and that the disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation. Typically, a recent letter from an appropriate health care or rehabilitation professional which establishes that the applicant has an ADA qualifying disability, identifies the functional limitations as they relate to the testing situation, and recommends/suggests the appropriate accommodation is sufficient. In order for appropriate arrangements to be made at the testing site, a request for accommodation and required documentation must be received by the Examiner of Record at least 3 days prior to the administration of the test.
HOW TO APPLY and DEADLINE
Apply Online at
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system by 4:00 P.M. on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. For a listing of other job opportunities with the Los Angeles Community College District, call our 24-hr job hotline, or refer to our Web Page.