Position TitleNational CyberWatch Center Manager
Full Time or Part TimePart Time
DepartmentScience, Technology, Engineering and Math
Hiring Salary Range$31.34 to $34.37/Hourly
Union/Non UnionNon Union
Job Description Summary
Manage and supervise financial and administrative operations and functions of the Center, with primary areas of responsibility including accounting, financial reporting, purchasing, budget management and administrative/financial data processing systems. Responsible for carrying out specialized grants management functions and smooth running of all aspects of the center, establishing procedures and solving problems quickly and efficiently. Guides and supports staff and the leadership team in implementing the program and provides the necessary resources to achieve the set objectives laid out in the National CyberWatch Center grant. Manages sub-awards with colleges and universities and works closely with their accounting officers. Maintains a professional working relationship with staff, sub-awardees and the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Three to four years of relevant financial and grants management experience.
- Good understanding of nonprofit business operations and federal/state grant and contract funding mechanisms.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Plan, implement, administer, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the specific activities of all assigned financial and administrative functions. Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with organizational needs and objectives, as well as government regulations.
- Supervise one office staff member. Interview and advise on hiring. Train new employees. Confer regularly with staff, leadership and committees to plan and coordinate activities, assign and review work, assist with difficult or unusual tasks and resolve problems.
- Monitor all delegated grants management, accounting, budget management, and other business office functions regularly, dealing with a variety of problems that arise on a daily basis. Review major or unusual transactions and advise the director. Manage the sub-awardee accounts and work closely with the staff members at the sub-awardee institutions.
- Manage and carry out specialized grants management functions;
- Manage the preparation and submission of federal grants applications, including budget preparation, completion of certifications, compiling of all materials, ensuring compliance with all requirements, communicating with federal grants officials regarding questions or problems.
- Manage awarding of grants to sub-awardees, including sending out application packages, screening budgets and negotiating required changes with applicants, issuance of award notices, forms and reporting instructions.
- Monitor sub-awardee reporting and issue payments through accounting office, verify quarterly financial reports, prepare summary spreadsheets, authorize payments, verify issuance of checks through the accounting office.
- Compile sub-awardee financial data.
- Oversee and coordinate center budget management functions.
- Play a key leadership role in managing the annual budget development process.
- Advise the director on budget management strategies. Monitor budget to actual expenditures, producing regular and special budget reports, performing various budget analyses, calculating budget adjustments caused by revised projections.
- Manage National CyberWatch Center grant funds amounting to a $5 million budget, inclusive of sub-awardees.
- Monitor budgets of sub-awardees to make sure funds are expended in accordance with NSF guidelines.
- Supervise and coordinate a full range of professional accounting duties associated with all center accounting and financial reporting functions, including specialized fiscal grants management tasks in all areas.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare a variety of regular and special internal accounting/financial statements and reports for the staff and the director.
- Oversee the negotiation and procurement of goods and services working with the procurement office. Review competitive bids to maximize cost savings and ensure that objectives laid out in the National CyberWatch Center grant are met. Confer regularly with the director and other center staff to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities/projects/systems/policies, exchange information, investigate and resolve problems and provide technical advice and assistance. Attend leadership and advisory board meetings.
- Serve as business/financial liaison with federal funding and regulatory agencies, state agencies, sub-awardees, financial institutions, vendors, consultants, and others outside the center regarding center financial and business matters.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the center. Plan and schedule events, meetings and other support programs for National CyberWatch Center. Organize and prepare for workshops and conferences for the National CyberWatch Center with the help of the National Center Leadership Team.
- Assist director and all co-directors with reports to NSF. Develop promotional items such as CyberWatch brochures and displays. Oversee master production schedule for grant activities to include development of brochures, newsletters, reports, workshops, and grant goals and objectives.
- Manage all aspects of grant administration with human resources, accounting, procurement and other college administrative offices. Interact with external auditors, participate in auditing projects, and provide information and access to grant budget records as required. Interpret college policies and procedures in daily operation of center, especially with regard to financial matters.
- Attend outside Conferences and events to disseminate information about CyberWatch and to man the CyberWatch booth.
- Undertake other related duties to successfully complete the grant project.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work schedule is subject to change based on department needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written standard English.
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
- A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.
Posting NumberPGCC29311/12 GFF4
Open Until FilledNo
Background Check Statement
A limited background investigation will be conducted prior to offer of employment. A signed authorization for release of personal information will be required if selected for an interview.